Sorry that post made no sense at all. I guess I'm trying to say that the Neptunes have introduced something approaching a new way to groove, but saying it out in the open like that makes it seem horrendously hyperbolic.
Look everyone, I'm really sorry I'm not updating that much. It's really really difficult at the moment but I'm hoping March will be better.
Meanwhile, top ten posts that I've pondered/half-written but not actually completed:
1. The majesty that was the Martini Bros live.
2. The oddness and attraction of The Chemical Brothers' Come With Us
3. My thoughts on recent albums by Missy, Jay-Z etc.
4. The live drums paradigm.
5. Mono and the foreclosed possibilities of trip-hop.
6. Massive Attack
7. My ongoing love for Fleetwood Mac.
8. That there More Fire Crew album.
9. An analysis of Sticky.
10. Top 30-or-so microhouse classics for da '02